Monday 28 March 2011

Two weeks to go


Only two weeks to go until the marathon now. Two weeks. I can’t believe how quickly it’s come around (everyone always says that about these things don’t they, but it is so true!). As my leg has been so bad, I decided to take the plunge and get it looked at last week. I’d put it off until this point because I was scared they would tell me there was something seriously wrong, and thought ignorance was bliss. But with only a few weeks left I realised I needed all the help I can get.

The good news is that the physiotherapist thinks that I should be able to do the marathon.

The bad news is that it’s costing quite a lot and I wont be able to do another long run before the marathon. I think an investment in my health is a worthwhile one, and I’d much rather not do another long run, and be there on the day. It will be harder mentally, but that’s just part of the challenge. David was originally planning on running round himself to try and get a good time, but is now strongly considering running round with me which would be a massive help (he hasn’t done quite the amount of training he was planning on). I think it would be lovely if we did run round together, especially for when it gets really tough in the last 6 miles or so.

I wasn’t feeling too well last week so David decided to buy me a bunch of flowers


They're beautiful, I’m a very lucky girl. The added bonus was the cellophane they came in (I’m not sure cellophane is the right term, but I can’t think what else to call it).

I’ve saved it as it’s just so pretty. I’m sure I can use it on a little project later on.

I hope that you have all had a lovely week. Now I’m feeling better I’ll try to post more regularly.

Take care,
Kirstin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment