Monday 28 February 2011

This weekend

So this weekend I ran my first half marathon race. Yay!! It was the Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon. We had to get up about 5.30am to leave at 6.30. We got there in plenty of time to register, get ourselves warmed up and use the facilities ( I say we as my other half suffered with me!). We positioned ourselves near the back and off we went. It was a stupidly hilly course - people were walking up the hills in the first mile, but we made it round. We ran for the first 7 miles and then the hills got the better of us and we ran/walked the rest. Our time wasn't amazing, but we got round and considering the state of my shins two weeks ago that in itself is pretty amazing I think.

I took the day off today to recover and relax. Instead I've kept myself very busy. But I did pop down to John Lewis on Oxford Street and discovered they have an amazing haberdashery section - it's brilliant!! So I picked up some new knitting needles as I broke my last ones. All in all a lovely and satisfying weekend.

I hope you all had a great weekend, whatever you got up to. Please let me know.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Glad you managed to get round OK, look forward to hearing all about it tomorrow : ) xxx

    ReplyDelete